Create a professional presentation of your evidence-based intervention and change proposal to be disseminated to an interprofessional audience of leaders and stakeholders. Include the intervention, evidence-based literature, objectives, resources needed, anticipated measurable outcomes, and how the intervention would be evaluated. Submit the presentation in LoudCloud for feedback from the instructor.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Chapter 4 Review
1. Eleven-month-old Allan lives in a very disorganized, low-income environment. He has a
history of maltreatment. Allan’s parents have a violent relationship and it’s not uncommon for
Allan to observe his parents hitting and screaming at each other. As a result of these experiences,
Allan experiences excessive fear and stress. What structures of the brain can be harmed by this
type of fear and stress? Explain and cite findings from a study of children who were maltreated in
2. Identify four emotions that require social awareness. From where does social awareness
3. Describe synchrony and examine its role in infant development. Give three outcomes that may
occur if little or no synchrony is established between the infant and his or her caregiver.
4. Briefly discuss three predictors of secure attachment in infants.
5. One-year-old Mark is playing in the living room with his father. Suddenly, loud music blares
from the apartment next door. Using the concept of “social referencing,” explain how Mark will
respond. Be sure to include what will determine if Mark reacts negatively or positively to the
6. Define proximal and distal parenting practices. What are the outcomes of each type? What
motivates parents to engage in one type over the other.
7. What is a working model, and how does a 1-year-old child develop one? Give an example of how a working model could change from negative to positive over time.
Journal 3: The Middle Childhood Years
- Describe what type of Physical Activity your child is engaged in.
- Your child has a Learning Disability, describe it and explain how you can help them in school.
- Your child is bilingual, describe which type of instruction they received when learning a Second Language.
- Describe your child’s family structure and identify each person in that structure.
- Your child is having issues with bullying (either being the bully or being bullied). Describe how you intend to handle the situation.
You will write journal entries in the form of a diary or personal journal to tell the story of parenting a child. Each of the journal questions must be answered and key words used correctly to obtain full credit.
Write your journals as if you are telling a story; be creative, make sure you are using the terms correctly, and elaborate on each question. Make sure you answer each question fully as some questions require more than one response. Journals should be at least 2 pages, typed, double spaced using size 12 font with 1” margins. Journals will be turned in on BLACKBOARD BY MIDNIGHT ON THE DUEDATE as an attached word document or pdf. Please do not write in the space provided by blackboard. 20 points will be deducted if late. Journals Will NOT be accepted after one week from the due date.
Journals are worth 50 points each and will receive full credit if the following criteria are met:
- 30 points: terms are used correctly in BOLD print AND each question is fully answered.
- 10 points: at least 2 pages typed using the correct font and format.
- 10 points: specific details are given, and journal is creative